Why MMP Certification?
TOP 7 reasons to maintain your MMP Certification in CT:
- No Tax SO Lower Cost
Click Annual Tax Calculator to see the difference.
- Front of the line
Patients will have a different, mostly shorter line at the dispensaries.
- THC Levels
Recreational cannabis will have a lower THC content.
- Stronger legal protection:
- CONNECTICUT: No employer may refuse to hire a person or may discharge, penalize or threaten an employee solely on the basis of such person’s or employee’s status as a qualifying patient or primary caregiver under sections 21a-408 to 21a-408n, inclusive. Nothing in this subdivision shall restrict an employer’s ability to prohibit the use of intoxicating substances during work hours or restrict an employer’s ability to discipline an employee for being under the influence of intoxicating substances during work hours.
- PUMA case law
- Having a med card can only help should you become legally implicated because of it. When you have a med card, you are backed by a licensed physician; you have the physician’s stamp of approval that supports the therapeutic benefits of cannabis. It can only help you when it comes to limitations regarding possession, cultivation, and purchasing cannabis, so why not apply for a medical marijuana card in your state?
- People commonly ask if they might get fired for having a medical card. Generally speaking, that’s between you and your doctor. Some states have laws protecting marijuana users’ employment rights. Be sure to also consult with a legal professional for these kinds of questions for more peace of mind.
- Grow rights, volume
- Access to pharmacist
As a patient, you can schedule an appointment with the resident pharmacist and discuss your condition and get the best cannabis for your condition.
- Travel, reciprocity, the following are states that accept out-of-state MMP cards:
Alaska, Arizona (allows possession only), Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri (allows possession only), Nevada, New Hampshire (allows possession only), Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, Washington D.C.